Showing posts from January, 2018

RPG Maker MV Save Editor

Currently there are many choice for editing save data of RPG Maker MV. They're good, but most of the save editors out there just focused on parameters and numbers. For example, we can add the number of armor with ID 3 in the inventory, without knowing what exactly the armor with ID 3 is. So I created a save editor for RPG Maker MV that integrated with the game database, so that we can know that the armor with ID 3 is (ie) "Leather Vest". Variables and Switches also properly labeled. This will make it easier for us to manipulate the data we want. It also minimizes the chance of us messing up our games due to incorrectly assigning value of variables. As an alternative, RMMV Save editor also utilizing JSON editors. This will give you more freedom in editing your save data. You can select one of several view modes: Code, Form, Text, Tree or View only mode. Where to download RPG Maker MV Save Editor? RMMV Save Editor is part of RMMV Toyb

Setup RMMV Toybox as RPG Maker MV tools

In my previous post I forgot to mention that RMMV Toybox can be integrated as a tool in RPG Maker MV application, next to Sakan and Mado. Dreamsavior's Toybox, an RPG Maker MV tools This feature will make it easier for us to access RMMV Toybox from RPG Maker MV. However, as we all know, Enterbrain is not very open about how to develop tools for RPG Maker MV. So this is actually just work around to access RMMV Toybox through console application. So do not be surprised if there is a console box that is open briefly after pressing RMMV Toybox button. Here is tutorial how to setup RMMV Toybox as a tool in RPG Maker MV

RMMV Scrubber - Prevent unused resource from bloating up your game size

An utility to clean up RPG Maker MV unused resources. This tools is part of RMMV Toybox, a collection of tools for RPG Maker MV that developed by Dreamsavior. ​ Hello fellow makers, I know we already had a nice deployment tools integrated along with recent updates of RPG Maker software. We can now exclude unused files and make our distribution package smaller by a lot. That saves our time from removing or adding files manually, not to mention saves us from the risks of deleting important resources by accident. So… if you ask me “why bother making a tools that already handled nicely within RPG Maker MV it self?” Well this software works a little bit beyond that. RMMV Scrubber key feature : Automagically detect used resources Yes, RMMV Scrubber will detecting used resources in your project… just like RMMV deployment tools does. Instead of just detecting all resource defined in database, RMMV Scrubber will crawl into all of your files within data folder and find which file are actually

Random Generator Plugins & RMMV Roulette tool

About Random Generator Random Generator is a randomizer plugin for RMMV events. Creating random messages inside an event can be easily achieved using RPG Maker MV event editor. But using built-in editor to create more advanced  random messages can be a bit tedious. Let’s say, you have event 001.  Depending on  your game progression, 60% chance you’ll get information of current dungeon when your character talking to this event. 30% chance of having conversation about certain assorted random topics. 10% chance she will give a very useful hints regarding defeating the boss quickly. And that’s all are not fixed. … There is a factor that increase the chance to get useful hint depending on certain variable … such as “Character intimacy” or so. And, while retaining those ratio … You want to add  a chance that event 001 will give a comment about how she liked your muscular arm when your STR surpassed certain threshold…. In addition of that, asked main character for a date. (

RMMV Toybox - A free tools for RPG Maker MV

Hello fellow makers, Just like most of you who's reading this article, I am both gamer and indie game creator.  As a gamer, I love playing games. As a programmer I like creating games. I’m grateful that RPG Maker MV fulfills these two purposes. RPG Maker MV is a magnificent software that makes creation of a game … a game! Not to mention, this software has potential to bring our dream to life as a playable game. That’s utterly wonderful.  But this magnificent software can be pushed further for greater perfection.  So, I made a small software to make our RPG Making process easier.  RMMV Toybox   RMMV Toybox is a free-open source collection of tools to make your RPG-making easier. Originally RMMV Toybox is a tool made exclusively for a game that I created using RPG Maker MV. But as the time goes by, I realized that making this tools is more fun than making the game itself. Finally, I put more details and redesign it so that it will be suitable for public release.  W